Who Are We
We are Don "Relentless" and Ken "Relentless", neighbors in the Chatsworth, New Jersey area. After paddling all the usual canoe/kayak routes in the area several times we wondered
what is up the other way?
and decided to see how far upriver we could go. So we would paddle until we came to some obstruction we couldn't get past and turn back. But we would come back again with saws and other tools to see how much farther we could get.
Each time a little farther. Now we have the attitude if there is enough water in the stream, we will eventually (with enough work) get through it. We have been places in the pine barrens that very few people ever get to see, and
never by boat.
Our purpose for this website is to get a few people interested in the waterways we opened up and hopefully help them stay clear or maybe even push a little farther up. These routes aren't easy paddling, but experienced flat-water kayakers looking for something different might enjoy them. We do not claim to be experts on any of the subjects on this website. We are just a couple of guys passing along information we picked up in our travels.
- August 1, 2021: Beautifying the Batsto River, Part 4
- July 25, 2021: Beautifying the Batsto River, Part 3
- May 23, 2021: Beautifying the Batsto River, Part 2
- April 24, 2021: Beautifying the Batsto River, Part 1
- April 11, 2021: USGS water data links are now working
- March 28, 2021: Early Spring Tour of the Tulpehocken Creek
- May 3, 2020: 600 Feet More on the Tulpehocken Creek
- October 26, 2019: Fall Tour of the Tulpehocken Creek
- August 12, 2019: Batsto River Peppercorn Battle, Part 2
- July 25, 2019: Batsto River Peppercorn Battle, Part 1
- July 7, 2019: Batsto River: 2, Relentless Explorers: 0
- April 20, 2019: New Territory on the Tulpehocken Creek
- April 13, 2019: Chainsaw Operations on the Tulpehocken Creek
- January 12, 2019: Exploring the upper Tulpehocken Creek by Foot
- January 1, 2019: Headwaters of the Tulpehocken Creek, Ore Spung and Featherbed Branch
- All 2018 Blog Entries
- All 2017 Blog Entries