Who Are We and What We Do
We are Don "Relentless" and Ken "Relentless", neighbors in the Chatsworth, New Jersey area. After paddling all the usual canoe/kayak routes in the area several times we wondered
what is up the other way?
and decided to see how far upriver we could go. So we would paddle until we came to some obstruction we couldn't get past and turn back. But we would come back again with saws and other tools to see how much farther we could get.
Each time a little farther. Now we have the attitude if there is enough water in the stream, we will eventually (with enough work) get through it. We have been places in the pine barrens that very few people ever get to see, and
never by boat.
Our purpose for this website is to get a few people interested in the waterways we opened up and hopefully help them stay clear or maybe even push a little farther up. These routes aren't easy paddling, but experienced flat-water kayakers looking for something different might enjoy them. We do not claim to be experts on any of the subjects on this website. We are just a couple of guys passing along information we picked up in our travels.
- October 26, 2019: Tulpehocken Creek Fall Trip
- August 12, 2019: Batso River Peppercorn Batte, Part 2
- July 25, 2019: Batso River Peppercorn Battle, Part 1
- July 7, 2019: Batso River: 2, Relentless Explorers: 0
- April 20, 2019: New Territory on the Tulpehocken Creek
- April 13, 2019: Chainsaw Operations on the Tulpehocken Creek
- January 12, 2019: Exploring the Tulpehocken Creek
- January 1, 2019: Headwaters of the Tulpehocken Creek, Ore Spung and Featherbed Branch
- August 26, 2018: Low Water in the Tulpehocken Swamp
- July 7, 2018: Plenty of Things to Explore on the Wading River
- June 9, 2018: Elevation Change on the Tulpehocken Creek
- February 19, 2018: Exploring the Greenwood Branch
- February 17, 2018: The Dam at Hampton Furnace
- January 28, 2018: Choosing The Best Kayak and Paddle for Upstream Exploration
- January 27, 2018: Exploring the Batsto River by Foot, III
- December 27, 2017: Exploring the Batsto River by Foot, II
- September 4, 2017: First Impression: Perception Sport Conduit 13.0
- July 27, 2017: New Arrival: Perception Sport Conduit 13.0
- July 06, 2017: New Arrival: Vivitar DVR786HD Action Cam
- June 25, 2017: Trip Planning: What to bring